After choosing a creative path and giving up the world of medical management, I embarked on a journey to write a novel but I was told I needed a platform as a writer and that blogging was the thing to do. For my official bio and what I am doing now, click over to my About Page.
Here are some of the press, media & writing outlets I have been involved with since my journey began in 2008.
- Story of My Life: Featured Storyteller
- Cheapism.com: In-depth product research & reviews.
- Weekly frugal living column in the Phoenix ( 3 years) — articles are also housed on my former blog DIY Frugal (which is no longer accessible).
- Multiple Celebrity Interviews/Event Highlights on my original “Mom Blog”: Genesis Moments (which is also no longer accessible due to evil online hackers).
- Movie Extra: Silver Linings Playbook, The Last Airbender, Law Abiding Citizen, The Nail, etc.
- BOOK: Featured in Power Moms: The New Rules for Engaging Mom Influencers Who Drive Brand Choice by Maria Bailey
- RADIO: Featured on 95.7 BenFM with Joey Fortman’s Real Mom Radio
- TV: Featured on Fox 29
- Adjunct Professor: Intro to Digital Media, Writing for the Media, Communication Theory, Freelancing, Social Media Management, etc.
- Contributing writer on TravelingMom.com as Media Traveling Mom
- Contributing writer to the paper The Voice of Grace & Truth
- Contributing writer to multiple other sites around the Internet including All Things Chic, Mamanista, etc.
- Involved in a variety of blog campaigns (paid and unpaid) with: Rolemommy, Mom Central, BSM Media (or Mom Select), The Motherhood, SheSpeaks, Philly Social Media Moms, ChildsPlay Communications, etc. (Most of these reviews were housed on the blogs DIYFrugal and Genesis Moments which now point to this site.)
- Founder of BeThereOnline Social Media Conference, 2011 – Social Media Management for Small Businesses & NonProfits